To recognize the academic achievements of students, the University of Alberta is providing the Molly and Spencer Dier Memorial International funding for the academic year 2021-2022.
The bursary aims to provide financial support to highly motivated and aspiring candidates for their studies at the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR).
The University of Alberta, founded in 1908, is a public research multiversity located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The university is surveyed as a “Comprehensive academic and research university” (CARU), which indicates that it offers various academic and professional programs, driving to undergraduate and graduate-level credentials, and has a strong analysis locus.
The University of Alberta in Edmonton is one of Canada’s top teaching and research universities, with an international reputation for excellence across the humanities, sciences, creative arts, business, engineering, and health sciences.
Why choose to study at the University of Alberta? The university aims to build a diverse, comprehensive community of outstanding students, faculty, and staff globally through various experiences and rewarding educational opportunities that inspire, nurture talents, expand knowledge and skills, and enable success.
Brief Description of Molly and Spencer Dier Memorial International Scholarship
Scholarship Host: University of Alberta
Department: Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR)
Scholarship Type: Masters/Doctoral Degree
Worth of Award: Up to $2,000
Location of Scholarship: Canada
Nationality: All nationalities
Endowed by the Estate of Kathleen A Dier, in memory of her parents, who were early Alberta pioneers.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The bursary is available for the masters and doctoral degrees in the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) at the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To become eligible for the award, applicants must:
- Must be a full-time registered student
- Must have superior academic achievement
- Must be from developing countries or have Canadian citizenship/permanent residents/foreign nationals holding Canadian study permits.
Deadlines on this page are approximations. Departments may have their own internal deadlines for adjudicating awards before submitting them to FGSR. Please contact your department directly about deadlines.
The value and number of awards and scholarships are determined yearly and may increase or decrease. Departments can confirm the current value of open awards and FGSR deadlines through GSMS.
Method of Application
- Method of Application: To apply for the award, aspirants need to take admissions at the university, and then they will have to contact the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR).
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a copy of the following listed documents:
- CV, statement of intent, and writing samples;
- GRE, GMAT, Miller Analogies Test, or other test scores;
- Reference letters (supply names and email addresses of your references in the online application).
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must need to fulfill the required conditions for their chosen degree at the university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of English language ability as per the university guidelines.
Worth of the Molly and Spencer Dier Memorial International Scholarship
The University of Alberta will provide the award amount of Up to $2,000 to the highly motivated students through Molly and Spencer Dier Memorial Scholarship.
For more information and how to apply